Leigh Abbott, from the University of Wales, will go on maternity leave from the end of November 2009. Bronwen Blatchford will be covering for Leigh as part-time Librarian for the University of Wales Virtual Academic Library (UWVAL). Bronwen has previously worked for the Welsh Development Agency and Deloitte but has left her management consultancy days behind her and is now pursuing a career in libraries. Bronwen is a former Aberystwyth University Graduate Library Trainee and worked with Swansea University on their RFID tagging project last year. She is currently studying for a part-time MSc in Information Science and is excited to be undertaking her first professional library position.
- Open & online: Wales, higher education and emerging modes of learning
- CILIP Cymru/Wales Annual Conference 2014: Booking now open
- New policy for open access in the post-2014 Research Excellence Framework
- Gregynog 2014 – deadline for papers extended until 18th April 2014
- Swansea University Archives achieves accreditation
- Aberystwyth archives & special collections ARLG Bangor Cardiff Cardiff Metropolitan University Cardiff University catalogues cataloguing CILIP collaboration CyMAL devolution digital digitisation disability document delivery e-books events funding Glamorgan grants Gregynog HEFCW ICT information literacy inter-library loans JISC journals JUSP Lampeter learning learning spaces LILAC LMS marketing merger MOOCs National Library of Wales NetLibrary Newport open access people policy reader development repositories research RFID RLUK SCONUL shared services statistics strategy students survey Swansea Swansea Metropolitan Swansea University teaching technology thesis training trends Trinity Trinity Saint David UC&R University of Wales value videoconferencing walk-in access web 2.0 Welsh Assembly Welsh Government WHELF workforce development
- 37,499 hits