Date: Thursday 29 April 2010 10.00am – 4.00pm
Venue: Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff
Benefits of attending this conference
This conference brings the latest strategic thinking and practical advice to managers in post-16 education to help them accelerate their implementation of sustainable business practices. “Smarter Greener Learning” will inform management decision-making and support the Welsh Assembly Government’s sustainable development and ESDGC agendas by:
- developing an understanding of resource and energy use across the institution
- discussing findings from the JISC Greening ICT Programme in a context relevant to strategic managers in post-16 education
- encouraging the sharing of good practice in IT and ICT management
- enabling networking with staff in a variety of roles and sectors across Wales
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at managers and other personnel in post-16 education who are responsible for: IT procurement; network management; estates; energy management; e-learning/technology enhanced learning; learning spaces; ESDGC.
Further details of programme
The programme will focus on practical, down-to-earth advice, including case studies from Wales and beyond.
- Opening keynote from Rob Bristow talking about JISC’s “Greening ICT” programme
- Optional sessions include examples of interesting practice and new thinking in the following areas, with speakers from colleges and universities:
* green computing
* green power management
* sustainable, technology-rich learning spaces
Speakers include: Richard Everett (CIBSE IBG Group), David Round (Bangor University) and Ruth Thornton and Amanda Heal (Cardiff University). A full programme will be circulated later in March.
Further details and online booking are available at
The closing date is 19 April 2010 but early booking is advised.
For booking enquiries please contact email@example.com
This event is available free thanks to funding from JISC.